PeopleDaily China-- A man suspected of linking to last year's suicide bombings in Bali has been arrested recently, bringing the number of suspects in custody to 11, the Indonesian police headquarters said Tuesday.
"We have seven days to question the person before we decided whether to name him suspect or release him," police spokesman Brig. Gen. Anton Bachrul Alam told reporters here.
The suspect was identified as Sahal Al Amri alias Sunarto, 31. He was arrested last Thursday at his residence in the Central Sulawesi town of Poso by the police anti-terror squad.
The suspect has links with Subur, another suspect who police believed had recruited suicide bombers, Anton said without elaborating.
The attacks on three restaurants on Bali island left 23 people dead including the bombers. Police have identified the suicide bombers who videotaped farewell messages before carrying out the attacks.
The video also showed a balaclava-clad man threatening attacks on western targets. The man is believed to be Noordin Moh Top, a Malaysian national being sought here for masterminding a series of deadly bombings, including in Bali.